Re: Convert nonproduct to productX

On 02/18/2015 04:45 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd agree with Pete that this isn't *really* something we intend to
'support'; you're supposed to pick a product by, well, installing that
product (and, as a one-time thing, on fedup from <21). You're not
really supposed to 'convert' installs like this.

OK.

 From this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp
I can't actually tell what the default behavior is for --product if
it's not specified. Does the user get a nonproduct upgrade or do they
get workstation? If the former, then it's possible there are people
will want a means to get a product specific side grade (same version,
different product).

IIRC, if you don't supply --product, it returns a "Usage" error, IOW the --product specifier is required.

Otherwise, see if you can glean any pertinent info from the cloud-to-server code[0]. It appears to work splendidly.

[0] https://github.com/Rorosha/cloudtoserver/blob/master/cloudtoserver

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large