Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Rawhide 20150203 nightly compose nominated for testing

On 02/03/2015 06:13 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 18:27 -0500, Joerg Lechner wrote:
Hi,
silly question:
I would like to test now F22-Rawhide i.e. LXDE. My system ist a fast
laptop with Win 8.1 and Fedora on an external disk. I don't want to
test in a sandbox.
Is in this stage of development of F22-Rawhide danger that Fedora
could damage the windows installation? F22-Rawhide will be on a
seperate spare external disk connected via USB to the Windows laptop.
Kind Regards

Nothing's 100% guaranteed, but if you don't select the internal drive
as a target disk during installation, it's very unlikely that
installing F22 to the external drive will affect your existing Windows
install in any way.

However, Fedora has been known to modify UEFI boot settings in such a way that the system will not boot at all without that external drive attached. [1]

1- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dmossor/uefi-recovery

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large