Re: fedup F21 to Rawhide fails, couldn't get boot images

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK yay grubby+btrfs silent error, where the grub.cfg isn't updated. OK
> so I do this myself and then I get a kernel panic. Near as I can tell
> the i386 vmlinuz-fedup kernel, and i386 initramfs-fedup.img aren't
> compatible. They're definitely loaded (found by grub) but kablewy,
> well before systemd even comes into play. Classic Unable to mount root
> fs on unknown-block(0,0).
>
> Sounds to me like it doesn't know what Btrfs is. I wonder if btrfs.mod
> is being baked into the fedup initramfs....

Well, I'm right initrd-plymouth.img does NOT contain btrfs kernel
module. However, the correct way to spell this is initramfs-fedup.img,
which conveniently contains btrfs kernel module. Soo now once I reboot
the upgrade environment wants to move mounts around, it moves /boot,
/home, but "unmount: /var: target is busy" and thus it fails to move
/var and the upgrade environment implodes with a bunch of audit
messages and then a coredump.

Anyone know what the grub.cfg is supposed to look like after fedup
modifies it? I think it's just these items (plus what was already
there, which I removed for sanity):

linux16 /boot/vmlinuz-fedup systemd.unit=system-update.target
initrd16 /boot/initramfs-fedup.img

There's an old reference to the word 'upgrade' by itself which I think
is deprecated. Is the systemd unit still needed or is that baked into
the initramfs-fedup.img? The code still has a reference to
system-update.target.wanted so I'm guessing it's still needed.

--
Chris Murphy