Re: Resume still broken on Thinkpad X1 Carbon

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:17:25 -0500
Jonathan Corbet <corbet-ft@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm pretty well mystified, but, given my general lack of skills in this
> part of the system, that's not surprising.  My next step, perhaps, is to
> start disabling boot-time unit files until I find the one that makes
> resume work, then try to see what's different under F21.

Just in case anybody's curious, systemd-udev-trigger.service seems to be
the one that makes the difference on F20.  Something is happening there
that isn't happening the same way under F21, but I've not had a chance to
delve more deeply into it.

My investigation would be aided if I could get into the emergency or
rescue targets from the live image.  But that wants the root password, and
an empty password doesn't fly.  Is there any way to boot the live image
into one of those modes, or is that completely unsupported and out of
scope?

Thanks,

jon