Re: Problem installing Vmware Workstation 10.0.3

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 07:41 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 10/26/14 07:35, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > It will not compile. Is there a patch available to fix this problem. I have searched the web and vmware.com I personally could not find one. Thank for your help.
> >

> Shouldn't the fine folks at Vmware be responsible for their products
> compiling on later releases Fedora or any other Linux distribution?
>
> I no longer have a contract with Vmware but when I did I would file a
> support request when this happened.  Would it be possible for you to
> do the same?

Well, it's not uncommon for someone to have figured out a way to do it,
and post a response when someone asks. This is a mutual support list for
Fedora pre-releases as well as the QA team's work list, remember - stuff
like making VMware and NVIDIA proprietary drivers and other 3rd party
bits work on Fedora pre-releases is perfectly on-topic, even though it's
not Fedora's 'responsibility'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey