Beta TC4

Well, at least kickstart works.  Also live-lxde works.

However, "Generic" ... has the Fedora Project been renamed the "Generic Project"??? I am having a WTF moment!

Both the kickstart install (using the workstation netinstall) and the liveinst with the live-lxde iso result in /etc/system-release being "Generic release 21 (Generic)". Now I realize that we are into this producty thingy, but this is silly. This is still the Fedora distribution. You could have Fedora Workstation, Fedora LXDE, Fedora XFCE, Fedora Server, Fedora Cloud, etc. but naming it "Generic" if it is not a product is (I am going to be kind) silly. Furthermore, you are creating confusion about the Fedora Brand.

I hope this is a bug because it should be!

While is is real nice to have these "products" it also reminds me of something I do not like about Microsoft: "they know better". Sorry, but they do not. I assume that for us folks who want to tailor installs to what we think should be installed, we have three options:

1. Pick a product that is close to what we want and then install and/or remove packages post-install.

2. Kickstart.

3. Use mock/pungi to create our own install DVD image or livecd-creator to create a tailored live-install.

Gene