Re: Who is the genius who is trying to remove yum?

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 02:52:02AM +0200, poma wrote:

> If it so benign as you write, your reactions are very intriguing.
> I wonder what is the true meaning of such.

This thread is fairly amazing.

As I see it, you wrote, who made this dumb decision.
You were quickly answered by someone, who said, it was my fault, it was an
accident and it's fixed.

Furthermore, though that person doesn't need me to defend them, they are
one of the Fedora people who works hard for the users, taking their side
when developers have made some decisions to make the users' lives harder,
worked hard in getting documentation to a point where  it's useful, and so
on.

In my less than humble opinion, their response, oops, sorry, fixed, should
have been the end of it.

Ok, let's assume that you are better than most of us, and have NEVER EVER
made a foolish mistake at work.  Even so, you should find it in your heart
to forgive we mere mortals who have erred.

It looks to me as if a mistake was made and quickly fixed--again, by
someone who has done so much for Fedora that any error they might make
should be quickly forgiven.

Nor does this mean that I don't think they are professional--their body of
works shows an extremely high level of professionalism.

Anyway, contrary to what you first believed, it wasn't a decision, it was
an error. It has been fixed.  An apology was made.  Said error was made by
someone who constantly shows their value to Fedora.  If you were (or are) a boss,
would you fire an extremely valuable and competent employee for one
mistake, or even continue to berate them over it once it was fixed?

If so, then there's nothing to say. If not, I'm not sure why this isn't
already over.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6