Re: Installation validation matrix revision

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 08:32 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:

> > I think it would be feasible to split it into three: something like
> > sanity tests ("Image sanity tests", "Default boot and install", "ARM
> > disk images", "Cloud images", "PXE boot tests", "USB stick tests",
> > "Virtualization tests"), installation storage tests (all the storage
> > stuff) and installer functionality tests (the rest). I actually used
> > this split, more or less, to come up with the color scheme (each of
> > those 'areas' uses variations on one color). Does that seem like a good
> > idea? We'd have more results pages per compose, but each one would be
> > shorter. With relval the creation of the results pages is just as easy
> > either way (doing it by hand, it gets tedious if there are too many).
>
> Provided that people are used to edit a single table and not the whole
> page (that would lead to many save collisions), I think it's better to
> have a single page,

Damn - I knew there was something I hadn't gotten back yet with the 'no
section headings' format, and it's 'edit this section only' links :(

I don't think that's possible without real, actual sections. I'll have
to see if I can find a way to finesse some back in there without too
much annoying wasteful whitespace. I don't think it's possible to do
edit links per table unfortunately, the 'section' concept is to some
degree baked into MW.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey