Re: Testing request: ownCloud 7 for Fedora 20

On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 23:32 +0100, James Hogarth wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2014 10:05, "Adam Williamson" <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, folks. One of my sidelines is maintaining the Fedora ownCloud
> > package. Today I submitted ownCloud 7.0.2 as an update for Fedora 20;
> > this is a major version update, the previous package was 6.0.4. I'd
> > really appreciate it if folks could test and see if it works for them.
> >

> Hi Adam,
>
> To give a little feedback I updated my sqlite based owncloud 6 to the 7.0.2
> in testing.

Thanks!

> Converted the database to mysql via the new tool and that worked great.
>
> Trying to go into apps to add new ones etc is very, very slow... But I see
> there is an open bug being worked on in github anyway.

Yeah, that's upstream, nothing much to do about it: it's querying the
external app store, I believe.

> Google drive, external 'local' and external smb all working well.
>
> Android owncloud client working with it as is davs:// in F21.
>
> Needed to install libreoffice-headless and setsebool -P httpd_execmem on to
> get the document conversion stuff to work... Might be worth adding that to
> wiki.

Good idea! I'll look into that.

It's kinda funny that without a local copy of libreoffice you can't view
an ODT file from the Files app - but you can edit it collaboratively
from the Documents app...:)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey