Re: How to request something for the release notes?

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:50:34 -0700,
 Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe this is a bug. I haven't seen any discussion to the contrary,
at least. Are you sure it's actually the case? (I
think /etc/X11/xorg.conf is still expected to be a complete and
correctly-formatted file, whereas stuff in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*.conf
can be snippets, but IMBW on that).

I did a reboot and X stopped with the log file giving bogus size info. I looked to see if xorg.conf was clobbered (by an update) and it wasn't. I saw there was an xorg.conf.d directory and then tried copying it there. I tried a startx and when that seemed to be starting (slowly), I rebooted and X came up normally. I haven't repeated the test since, and probably won't get a chance tonight.

The X log files are still around, so if the X guys think its a bug, I can get them some more info.