Re: Test Plan location for 389

On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 20:22 +0530, Amita Sharma wrote:

> > Thanks for working on this. I'm curious as to the context: is this
> > really a Fedora-level effort, or is it more 389-ds upstream-level? What
> > are the other test plans you are planning to work on? Thanks!
> Hi Adam,
>
> I have updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Test_Cases with
> 389 test cases section as you suggested.

Thanks for that! But I think the category name might need to be changed.
The name part has to match the name of the source package - that's how
Bodhi knows which test cases to show for which updates, it looks in the
wiki for a category called "Package_(source_package_name)_test_cases".

It looks like there is a '389-ds' package, but it only contains a couple
of directories and some dependencies - that is, it's basically a
metapackage. It very rarely gets updated, so we don't want the test
cases associated with that package, because then people testing updated
389-ds bits won't see them.

It looks like the 'real' 389 source packages are:

389-ds-base
389-ds-console
389-console
389-admin
389-admin-console
389-adminutil
389-dsgw

I don't know enough about 389 to know which test cases should be
associated with which source package, but I guess you do. So create
"Package_(source_package_name)_test_cases" categories for each source
package for which you have relevant test cases, and put the right test
cases in the right categories :)

> Created http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_389_Directory_Server
> and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_389_Directory_Server

That's the same link twice - is that what you meant? I guess you'll also
convert the other tests from the test plan page into separate test
cases?

> My aim is to put some efforts in fedora QA, 389 is my work area so I am
> starting up with it.

Thank you very much!

> Also I want to know if I can organize a test day for 389 with community
> testers?

Absolutely, that would be great - Mike already replied, and he can help
you with the organization.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey