Re: Test Plan location for 389

On 05/17/2014 12:39 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 12:06 +0530, Amita Sharma wrote:
Hi,

I have created
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:2014-05-16_Allow_turningoff_vattr_lookup_Test_Plan
for one of the new feature in 389.
I want to add it to upstream test plans, but I am not sure where it
should go exactly,
1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Test_Plans
2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Test_Cases

Please suggest the correct location because I am going to add many more.
I'd say it would go in category:test_plans, as it's clearly a test plan
not a test case. Note we do have several existing FreeIPA test cases -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:FreeIPA_Test_Cases - though no
389-ds specific ones I know of. I would probably just name it
"QA:Allow_turning_off_vattr_lookup_Test_Plan" - I guess you copied the
inclusion of a date from the 'anaconda usability test plan', but that
was done because that test plan was actually tied to an event occurring
on a specific date, it's probably not necessary/appropriate for this
test plan.

My personal inclination would be to create individual test case pages
using the test case template for each of the test cases you currently
include as entries in the "How" column of the table - it might make the
table a bit cleaner, and it would also have the advantage that if we
ever do implement a better TCMS, we'd probably be able to migrate your
cases to it automatically (we're vaguely assuming we'll write some kind
of script to hoover up all pages using the 'test case' template and
convert them to whatever TCMS we eventually, possibly, use).

Thanks for working on this. I'm curious as to the context: is this
really a Fedora-level effort, or is it more 389-ds upstream-level? What
are the other test plans you are planning to work on? Thanks!
Hi Adam,

I have updated http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Test_Cases with 389 test cases section as you suggested. Created http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_389_Directory_Server and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_389_Directory_Server

My aim is to put some efforts in fedora QA, 389 is my work area so I am starting up with it. Also I want to know if I can organize a test day for 389 with community testers?

Thanks & Regards,
Ami