guide me

hello folks,
                 this is shailendra acharya pursuing btech in IT branch. i have been using fedora19 for 1 year. i'm so so in programming but i'm continue trying to improve my programming skills. well i wanna contribute in fedora but i dont know what to do? can anyone plz guide me what should i do or where to start? and i have also a dream to create operating system for my college project. can anyone help me ?