2014-01-06 - Fedora QA Meeting - minutes

>From this week onwards, we have agreed to abandon the laboriously
hand-edited minutes and per-meeting Wiki pages. From now on, we will
simply send out the MeetBot-generated meeting minutes, and link to those
from the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings .

Future minutes emails will contain the bare text format minutes
generated by Meetbot, as seen below. I'd actually quite like to use the
HTML format minutes -
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-01-06/fedora-qa.2014-01-06-16.00.html - as they're much easier to read, but anti-HTML-email sentiment is so embedded by now that this is likely impractical.

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 16:00:04 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-01-06/fedora-qa.2014-01-06-16.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (adamw, 16:00:11)

* Previous meeting follow-up  (adamw, 16:11:20)
  * "adamw to send fedup/thinp post-mortem email" - I sent one -
    https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-December/119820.html
    - but didn't cover the thinp bug, whoops  (adamw, 16:13:20)

* QA/Join page revision  (adamw, 16:20:12)
  * LINK:
    https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2014-January/119890.html
    (adamw, 16:20:41)
  * roshi and danofsatx came up with a proposal for a revised QA/Join
    page  (adamw, 16:20:54)
  * roshi will send out a new draft based on list feedback  (adamw,
    16:21:18)
  * general agreement to try and avoid mentioning 'bugzappers' and
    'proven testers' directly to avoid confusion  (adamw, 16:22:56)
  * seems like everyone's happy with the current approach to the
    rewrite, thanks for the work roshi and danofsatx  (adamw, 16:24:50)

* Meeting minutes  (adamw, 16:27:14)
  * currently we keep meeting minutes in a hand-written format at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings  (adamw, 16:30:39)
  * the wiki meeting pages are usually created before the meeting and in
    theory can be edited to add something to the agenda  (adamw,
    16:34:03)
  * AGREED: from 2014 on, we'll drop the manual handling of meeting
    minutes and do it all via meetbot  (adamw, 16:35:41)
  * side note: kparal has added the meeting schedule to fedocal for 2014
    (adamw, 16:36:41)
  * fedocal link for QA: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/QA/
    (adamw, 16:38:08)

* open floor  (adamw, 16:40:07)
  * LINK: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445   (cmurf, 16:40:13)
  * LINK: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6868   (cmurf, 16:41:15)
  * Viking-Ice points out Matthew Miller's mail about plans for 2014,
    https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/193401.html
    (adamw, 16:43:58)
  * ACTION: adamw to send a mail to test@ about the ten year t-shirt
    thing  (adamw, 17:00:13)
  * once again, we all registered concern at the direction of the
    Fedora.next project and its implications for testing given the
    apparent broadening of the scope of deliverables without a plan in
    place for testing  (adamw, 17:04:30)

Meeting ended at 17:05:52 UTC.

Action Items
------------