Re: Fedora 20 release day FedUp bug: post-mortem

On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 18:25 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> A few day before fedup-0.8 appears I upgrade some systems to F20 (in pre
> releases ) without problems ...

If you ran an upgrade before the mirrormanager redirects were updated,
your upgrade would have used the initramfs from the Beta, I believe (I
forgot to note that in the post-mortem).

> 1 - So one solution could be not update fedup to 0.8 in F20 , can't we
> exclude some package from fedup update ?

No, this is not a solution. The Fedora 20 'fedup' package is not
involved in an upgrade to F20 in any way.

To be clear, in an upgrade from Fedora X to Fedora Y:

The *user* uses the 'fedup' package from *Fedora X*
*Releng* generates an initramfs using the 'fedup-dracut' package from
*Fedora Y*

In an X->Y upgrade, Y's 'fedup' and X's 'fedup-dracut' are not involved
at all.

> repoquery --disablerepo=updates\* fedup
> fedup-0:0.7.3-7.fc20.noarch
>
> 2 - why fedup-dracut still 0.7 in F19 ?