Re: Recommended system requirements for f20 not sufficient?

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:03:36AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, I did some testing during F20 cycle which seems to indicate F20
> Shell takes up a lot more memory than F19 when using llvmpipe. We're not
> sure exactly what's going on yet,

It's not just Gnome Shell's fault I think. At least for some time during
Alpha/Beta even kickstarted text-only installs (virt-install pointed to
an install tree over HTTP) locked up due to lack of memory.  That's with
1 GiB and no swap. Increase that to 1.5 GiB and the install process
completed.

I'll probably retest that with final F20 later, now that the set of
components used for installation doesn't potentially change from one
attempt to the next.