Re: xserver fails to resume from suspend (f20)

Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 20:18 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
>> Adam Williamson wrote:

>> > Just noticed something interesting - I just switched VTs, and saw the
>> > same bug (when I came back to VT1, the bootsplash was showing, and I
>> > needed alt-f2, r to get Shell back). Does that happen to you too?
>>
>> I have a cursor I can move.  Didn't notice it change shape - I'll check next
>> time.
>>
>> Don't quite understand the 2nd phenomenon you're describing.  Is this when
>> it's
>> locked up on resume that you see this?  Or just any time you switch VTs?
>> Don't quite understand how you triggered it - all I have to do is open the
>> laptop lid and I'm looking at a bootsplash and have to kill xserver.
>
> Just switching VTs with no suspend involved seems to trigger it here,
> now. I don't get much in the system logs, though. I'll have to
> investigate with drm.debug , see if it's a nouveau issue.

Remember I first saw this with nvidia blob - so it's not a nouveau issue.

Here is another strange data point.

It seems to happen 100% of the time when I close laptop and transport to/from
work.  But last night tested 3 times close - wait till light is flashing
indicating sleep, then open - and no failures.

Then closed it for the night and checked in the morning.  It had failed.

So strange as it may seem - it appears that it has to be shut for more than a
short time to fail.