Re: xserver fails to resume from suspend (f20)

Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 11:56 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> > Nothing interesting found in /var/log/messages or /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old,
>> > but one note: I'm using kde (kdm)
>>
>> That's fun - I'm seeing something similar on F21 (and had it
>> intermittently with late F20) but on GNOME. On GNOME, restarting the
>> Shell with alt-f2, r makes everything work.
>>
>> Do you have a cursor when you see the bootsplash? Can you move it, and
>> does it change shape in the places you'd expect it to? I suspect the
>> same thing's happening to us both...
>
> Just noticed something interesting - I just switched VTs, and saw the
> same bug (when I came back to VT1, the bootsplash was showing, and I
> needed alt-f2, r to get Shell back). Does that happen to you too?

I have a cursor I can move.  Didn't notice it change shape - I'll check next
time.

Don't quite understand the 2nd phenomenon you're describing.  Is this when it's
locked up on resume that you see this?  Or just any time you switch VTs?  Don't
quite understand how you triggered it - all I have to do is open the laptop lid
and I'm looking at a bootsplash and have to kill xserver.