Re: any report of fedup f19->f20?

On 12/18/2013 08:12 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

On Dec 17, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah I just did an F18 live desktop install to kvm, installed 0.7.3-4, ran it with:

fedup --network 20 --debuglog fedupdebug.log

The download is fine. The grub.cfg is correct. The reboot fails and before I can read anything it reboots and the grub.cfg has changed such that the fedup option isn't present. The screen shots I captured of the reboot failure shows a couple hints:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss2.png

That looks to me like the initramfs possibly doesn't contain the right root.

Weird. /system-upgrade-root exists so the 2nd screen shot complaint indicating it doesn't is bogus. The next complaint, that /system-upgrade-root/sysimage is true, it doesn't exist. The debug log shows:

[  5678.220] (II) fedup.sysprep:setup_upgraderoot() creating upgraderoot dir: /system-upgrade-root

An earlier screenshot of boot shows:

dracut-pre-pivot: Warning: UPGRADEROOT isn't unset, can't save initramfs

If anyone else is having such errors, is your rootfs btrfs by any chance?

I am also observing these messages. No, my rootfs is ext4, not btrfs.

Ralf