Re: Is yum groups broken in f20 ?

On Sat, 2013-12-14 at 14:26 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I managed to identify the specific change to yum which made these
> messages appear, and I think I know the attributes of the groups for
> which it appears: non-environment groups that are listed as installed
> in /var/lib/yum/groups/installed (also, possibly, through whatever other
> mechanisms yum has for listing installed groups; like everyone else, I'm
> having a lot of trouble grokking this yum-groups-as-objects thing), that
> exist in comps, but have <uservisible> set to false.
>
> It at least appears the check that was added is being run in
> circumstances where it wasn't expected to run. I don't know how many (if
> any) other bugs there are with the logic of the check itself and
> the /var/lib/yum/groups/installed file and the groups-as-objects change
> and whatever other goddamned changes are going on here.

One further note - I'm not actually sure if the suggested 'yum group
mark remove <group>' is actually a particularly good idea, here, because
the groups in question really do exist and you may well 'have them
installed' (for whatever value of 'having a group installed' we're using
this week), they're just hidden. I don't know precisely what 'group mark
remove' *does*, I need to keep reading the docs, but I don't think I'd
advise it off-hand, especially since the messages, I _think_, are
harmless (just annoying).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey