Re: Very rough storage validation matrix draft

On Sat, 2013-12-14 at 00:06 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2013, at 11:44 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I counted, for fun: even excluding the 'sanity checks', it contains 101
> >> tests.
> >
> > In my opinion, every one of those tests requires a feature owner. If
> no one volunteers, if a hand off isn't made, the functionality for the
> feature represented by the sanity check shall be removed from the next
> version of Fedora.

Do you mean someone who is responsible for development of the feature,
or testing it?

Right now I'm simply trying to figure out a vaguely practical approach
for testing what we can of the installer's storage functions. That's
really all I'm shooting for. This is one possible approach, there are
many others. I mean, prior to newUI, we placed a _much_ lower emphasis
on custom partitioning.

> I note that only two are final release level. How is it so much
> instability/changes still exist after beta, that there are so many
> anaconda blockers even though only two, out of a significant pile of
> tests, are final release level tests?

Oh, sorry, I forgot to note: I gave up on the release levels after the
first table or so, I figured we could work those out later. A lot more
would be final.

> Is it possible to freeze the installer from anything approaching new
> functionality after alpha? Consequences?

I believe viking_ice has proposed something like this before:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2013-October/msg00005.html
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey