Re: Very rough storage validation matrix draft

On Dec 13, 2013, at 11:44 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 10:07 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 21:04 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>
>>> It is still very large, that's probably the first thing you'd notice
>>> about it.
>>
>> I counted, for fun: even excluding the 'sanity checks', it contains 101
>> tests.
>
> In my opinion, every one of those tests requires a feature owner. If no one volunteers, if a hand off isn't made, the functionality for the feature represented by the sanity check shall be removed from the next version of Fedora.

I note that only two are final release level. How is it so much instability/changes still exist after beta, that there are so many anaconda blockers even though only two, out of a significant pile of tests, are final release level tests?

Is it possible to freeze the installer from anything approaching new functionality after alpha? Consequences?

Chris Murphy