Re: Not able to install F20 over IPv6

On 12/09/2013 05:36 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:08:51 +0100
"A.J. Werkman" <AJ.Werkman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Adam,

You asked people to test F20 with IPv6. I do agree that works fine.
But the problems I see is getting F20 installed IPv6 only.

In my experience as soon as you involve IPv4 somehow, things work.

My testcase is a IPv6 only network, without IPv4-DHCP. Wether you
supply IPv6 address on the boot command line or you supply addresses
in the opening network screen after boot, F20 crashes.
Even kickstarting with installation from local media makes F20 crash.
I agree that it would be good to support this case... but I'm not sure
we have any specific 'ipv6 only' test cases/criteria, so it's not been
something on the radar much...

Perhaps something to propose for next release?

kevin
+1 for me. I proposed this some time ago. At that point there was not much enthousiasme for it. But if Fedora wants to be, as it always claims, on the cutting edge, you should have IPv6-only in QA.

One thing you would immediatly run into is the fact that bugzilla.redhat.com does not resolve to an IPv6 address. So sending crash reports from anaconda isn't possible at the moment from IPv6.

Koos.