Re: Fedora 19 and 20 problems

Adam

I used fedup get fedora 20 on these computers, I also added the nodebug repository to the haswell machine but there no 3.12 kernel updates currently as of writing this email. The libreoffice issue persisted into fedora 20 and logitech mouse issue persisted as of fedora 20.

Thanks
warren

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 19:59 -0600, w clemmons wrote:
> Hello Fedora-qa
>

> First issue:
> Lenovo SL510 returns from suspend extremely loud beep both in Fedora
> 19 and 20. CentOS 6.4 on the same laptop does not have extremely loud
> beep when returning from suspend.
>

> Second issue:
>
> Fedora 19 on an Asus Haswell motherboard Libreoffice 4.1.3.2 icons
> within Libreoffice calc, writer etc. look somewhat graphically
> challenged. Fedora 19 Libreoffice 4.1.3.2 on a Lenovo SL510 laptop
> are graphically correct. I have two screenshots attached to verify
> this issue.

Does this persist with F20? What about with a 3.12 kernel?

> Third issue:  Logitech MX518 and Logitech G3
> Logitech mouse problem with Asus Haswell motherboard using Fedora 19
> mouse detected but not usable on reboot and initial first boot. I have
> a screenshot of lsusb an X log.

Ditto. Haswell is pretty new for F19; you might be better off with F20,
and even adding a 3.12 kernel from the nodebug repository, for Haswell.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey