Re: usbmuxd troubles

Frank <beacon <at> videotron.ca> writes:

>     First (as superuser root) try out the
>
>   package-cleanup --cleandupes
>
> command. If that doesn't manage to remove the duplicate, give
>
>   rpm --erase --justdb --noscripts --notriggers usbmuxd-1.0.8-10.fc20.x86_64
>
> a try.

You want to remove the old version, not the new one. Also, rpm has a
separate option to turn off each of the 4 scriptlets (in addition to
--noscripts which disables all 4), so in this case

rpm --erase --nopreun usbmuxd-1.0.8-8.fc20.x86_64

will suffice.

Actually, though the rpm man page says that the options turn off the
corresponding scriptlets, I'm not sure about that, since when running the
above command, you'll probably still see a warning (as opposed to an error)
about %preun, even though --nopreun allows the erase to succeed. I suspect
that the man page is wrong and that what it actually does is to run the
%preun script, but not bail out if it fails. Can someone else check?