Re: Let's stop using wiki for test results

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 09:28 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:24:06 -0600
> Tim Flink <tflink@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:52:28 +0000

> > > Exactly as I thought no research.
> >
> > I have looked into this have turned up a grand total of 0 things which
> > would work well for us.
>
> I suppose I wrote that a little too fast. There are 2 things I'm aware
> of that would satisfy our requirements on the surface.
>
> Nitrate has deployment issues on el6 and would require quite a bit of
> work to even get working for us ignoring the functional mismatch for
> Fedora. It's great when you have paid employees using it but I don't
> see it as a great solution for volunteers.
>
> Ubuntu's TCMS might work but that's a layer on top of Drupal and I'm
> not all that excited about learning drupal when that solution doesn't
> quite solve everything we're looking for.

Besides, one of the main nice things about josef's tool is that it is
specifically *not* a T*C*MS (test CASE management system). It is a test
RESULT tracker. Slots much more neatly into our process, with a minimum
of disruption, and a clear net benefit, as the starters of the thread
showed.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey