Re: [fedora-arm] Proposed Base and Desktop matrix adjustments for ARM as primary

On 08/20/2013 10:35 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
Following on my little series, we also need to adjust the Base and
Desktop matrices for ARM as primary arch, but the good news is the
changes are pretty simple.
As discussed at the QA meeting this morning, I've gone ahead and pushed
all the proposed changes so far into 'production'. I'll try and draft up
the remaining change for visible cloud ASAP. thanks folks!
I might have missed something, but is XFCE really non-blocking for ARM? I remember someone saying that XFCE is the most important desktop for them. (and also that GNOME doesn't work almost anywhere).

From my pov we ( as in the QA community ) really should not be release blocking on desktop environments.

However the desktop environments sub-communities might decide for themselves which arch they support and if they are release blocking for them and test accordingly.

I assume we will adopt our release blocking criteria in accordance with whatever comes out of this ring proposal ( Although I still not seeing how that proposal actually solves anything for us ), specifically workstation and which DE it will ship ( which probably will be either Gnome or KDE ) and drop the requirement for the other one in the process.

JBG