Re: What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Jonathan Kamens <jik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The maintainer closed an abrt crash report about a package with
> INSUFFICIENT_DATA. He didn't actually ask the reporter of the issue for any
> additional information before closing it. I asked why in the bug, and he
> responded, "No steps to reproduce = closed bug. Why should we have to ask as
> it takes valuable time?" Leaving aside for the fact that I think he's wrong
> about that to begin with, I posted my own reproduction steps in the bug and
> he didn't reopen it.

It seems to me like you don't know how to report bugs. Bug reports
should include STEPS TO REPRODUCE, ALWAYS, it is not "OPTIONAL".

Including the steps after the fact doesn't pardon you for the
incorrect reporting to begin with.

Then you say that you did the same a SECOND TIME... and do you expect
a different outcome?

FC