Re: Fed19 test days and test day pages

On 23 April 2013 08:45, Alexander Volovics <a.volovic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear QArs,

I would think that having serious minded users of Fedora participating
in the test days would be appreciated.

The actual testing itself is no problem but reporting the results
seems to require a 'certificate' (log in with a FAS account) and
arcane contortions with Wiki pages.

I don't see why I should take the trouble to create a FAS account.
Neither the Fedora community nor myself would profit from this.
Is this a 'hurdle' to keep out incompetents and to have a minimum
guarantee of serious contributions?

No it is not meant to keep out incompetents. There are a lot of incompetents (foremost myself) who were able to create a FAS account. It is meant to make sure that there is a minimum guarantee of contributions. The same with learning a wiki language and spending some time to clean up problems (it is a wiki so it can be edited by contributors.)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.