Re: System Requirements

On 04/03/2013 06:54 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On 03/04/13 10:45 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

Last time I checked it had gone up to 768 at one point then down to 384
I would assume with the recent rework it should be smaller than that but
then again I also had expected the installer to be faster to install
with the recent rework ( which most certainly does not feel that way )

Just ask the Anaconda guys ( or check for it in their code ) what the
limit is when they display that lack of minimal memory requirements to

Right now it is set to 512MB for text mode and 768MB for graphical mode, but I don't recall if that was based on any actual empirical testing for F18; I don't remember if we got around to doing that. Testing has to wait for Beta, as the requirements for Alpha are inflated by the debug kernels.

I was pretty sure the Anaconda had gotten it well below 768MB for the graphical mode guess I was wrong...

JBG