Re: user creation in both anaconda and gnome

On 03/30/13 00:17, nonamedotc wrote:
> I created a user in anaconda during installation of TC3 using x86_64 netinstall iso on Virtualbox VM. The user created during install is under group 'root' although I did not specify it to be that way. After I booted to my installed OS, GNOME asked me to create another user. This user is with its own group.
>
> Is this behavior intended? Why is the first user part of the user group? Sorry, if this has already been discussed before - I did not find any information in my searches so far ...

I asked the same question within the thread with subject "Install Advanced User options..."

The answer is that it is planned that if a user is added during the install phase it will be skipped when booted....

>From that thread....

> Also, wouldn't it be preferable to have "firstboot" (if that is what
> it is called now) skip the user creation dialog if a user was
> created during the install?

Yes, that is the plan, but it's not implemented yet.

Firstboot is dead now, the new tools are called initial-setup and gnome-initial-setup (yes, there are two of them, it's another loads of fun we need to deal with).