user creation in both anaconda and gnome

I created a user in anaconda during installation of TC3 using x86_64 netinstall iso on Virtualbox VM. The user created during install is under group 'root' although I did not specify it to be that way. After I booted to my installed OS, GNOME asked me to create another user. This user is with its own group.

Is this behavior intended? Why is the first user part of the user group? Sorry, if this has already been discussed before - I did not find any information in my searches so far ...

--
nonamedotc