Re: Undoing biosdevname in F19

On 03/29/2013 01:48 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:44:01PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 03/29/2013 12:41 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
Ok, if anyone else is running into this, there are clear instructions, even
though they're for F15, that work, with a sample
rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file.

http://rackerhacker.com/2011/09/25/getting-back-to-using-eth0-in-fedora-15/

It should be sufficant for you in F19+ to add "net.ifnames=0" to the
kernel command line to disable predictable network names
Biosdevname is still installed by default.  Adding the net.ifnames and
running grub2-mkconfig didn't fix the problem.  I had to also run rpm -e
biosdevname, and then, with the addition Johann suggests, I had the
standard device name.

The feature page for predictable network interface names [1] clearly states...

"As part of this feature we also want to remove biosdevname from comps, so that it is not installed anymore for new installations."

All the comps changes we do during the developement cycle should be done before we release alpha so I suggest you file a bug against comps and site your experience and that feature page.

JBG

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames