Re: Criterion proposal: firstboot / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup, user creationa

Hi Adam,

> We modify the post-install requirements like this:
>
> * A system installed with a graphical package set must boot to an
> initial setup utility on the first boot after installation. The
> firstboot utility must be able to create a working user account if
> this
> was not done during installation.

Since we have fedup, and even yum/dvd upgrades work and are widely used,
from an upgrade point of view, would it be good to include:

2. Reuse an already existing user (fix permissions etc. and sanitize the
environment to work correctly).

in the criteria? I know first boot did this. I haven't used
gnome-initial setup so cannot comment on it.

> * After initial setup is completed and on subsequent boots, a
> graphical
> install must boot to a log in screen where it is possible to log in to
> working desktop as the user created during initial setup or
> installation.

+1

--
Thanks,