Gnome 3.8

After installing today's rsync Gnome desktop and development system,
the system booted into the new style firstboot sequence.  After that
I logged into the Gnome desktop.

After some minutes of inactivity, the screen went black except for the
cursor, which still followed the mouse.  I was unable to get the Gnome
desktop displayed.

I used Ctrl-Alt-F2 to get a console login and installed XFCE, then rebooted
and selected XFCE session.

Finally I executed my script that installs libs used by various packages I compile.
The install failed with conflicts with harfbuzz.

I then reinstalled with XFCE and the dev sys. The script to load the packages worked
once I added --nogpgcheck.  WSPR and Gnuradio compiled.

yum -y --skip-broken install gnuplot gifsicle giflib-devel ImageMagick-devel xfburn telnet-server xfce4-terminal xterm

yum -y --skip-broken install portaudio-devel libsamplerate-devel *python-imaging* hamlib-devel numpy-f2py *xtkimage* gcc-gfortran svn

yum -y --skip-broken install cmake boost-devel cppunit-devel fftw3-devel gsl-devel nasm yasm tiger* rss-glx* wine sphinx python-sphinx

yum -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-cheetah PyOpenGL *qt4* *qt-4* tbb qwt-devel PyQwt PyQt-devel *swig*

yum -y --skip-broken install wxPython-devel python-lxml alsa-lib-devel texlive-dvips libXaw-devel ncurses-devel xscreensaver-extras

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf@xxxxxxxx   www.omen.com