Re: Anyone able to install to an encrypted LV?

On Mon, 2012-12-10 at 09:47 -0600, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> On 12/10/2012 06:20 AM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
> > Yes. I was able to reuse lvm volumes on LUKS encrypted partition on bare
> > hardware.
>
> That's different.  I'm talking about the LV itself (not the PV) being
> LUKS-encrypted.

You can install to one, but you can't create one using the interactive
installer as of now. The only option is to encrypt the entire VG. Since
you are probably using a preexisting VG which is evidently not
encrypted, this is probably not an option for you. You can use kickstart
or you can create and encrypt the new LV prior to running the installer.

If you file a bug and convince whoever to make it a blocker I can
probably add the support pretty easily.