Re: new criterion proposal: core kickstart commands

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:27:58AM -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Which brings me to another point. In kickstart there are commands which
> use a functionality we don't block the GUI on. For example there is a
> btrfs command, but until recenly btrfs wasn't displayed in Anaconda GUI

I've read but not memorized the criteria for the installer, but I think in
general it's the case that things which are visible in the normal path in
the installer must work.

The current documentation for Kickstart effectively puts all commands into
that category. It might be nice if they were sorted into critical and
not-critical commands _and documented as such_, but I think that needs to
happen *first*. (And I think you're on a reasonable track, by the way, and
have obvious put some thought into it.)

Initially I said that if commands need to change or go away, they should be
marked deprecated for a release or two. Similarly, certain commands could be
marked as Experimental (btrfs) or Unstable (autopart, say).

Then, once that's done, the release criteria are easy.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>