Re: off to a nostart F18B start

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:21:18 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

> Getting to the initial GUI seemed to take forever. Once there, I started at
> what seemed to be the beginning, upper left of the block of stuff in the
> middle, expecting to have to tell Anaconda the PC clock is set local. Once in
> time configuration, I find not only is there no apparent way to set clock to
> local time, Anaconda thinks no NTP server is configured even though it seemed
> to agree with my specification of us.pool.ntp.org, and there is a way to exit
> time configuration. What's the trick to getting out of time config?

Here I need to toggle Off->On the NTP server switch for the yellow warning
to disappear in a second. Other than that I only choose the timezone on that
screen, but I've had to toggle the switch the last dozen times I booted the
installer.

Only rarely the installer starts with no such yellow warning about the
unconfigured NTP server.

> So finally I figure out how to select a
> partition, and when done specifying mount point and filesystem, the _prior_
> partition has been set to / instead of the one I chose, and there's no way to
> undo it!!!

The '-' button may be for that, but contrary to its small pop-up
description, when clicking it, it warns about deleting all data on a
selected partition, which is why I haven't tried it yet. ;-)

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.7-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.15 0.14 0.14