Re: Problem with hibernate/resume in F18

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all F18 testers,
>
> I have problems with hibernate/resume in F18 after having installed
> all available  updates (including updates-testing):
>
> 1. Hibernating from a gnome3 session and then resuming, the screen
> remains dark, no input possible. Pressing reset is needed.

It works fine in that regard on my Lenovo x220 but it has other issues
on resume the most annoying of which is the trackpad/nipple is
unusable as is usb.

> 2. If additionally I log in into some tty (even during a running gnome
> session) and hibernating from this tty and then resuming, all remains
> OK: the system comes up (until to the loggedin tty), and switching
> back to the previously opened gnome3 session is possible.
>
> 3. If I boot into runlevel 3 and then hibernate, resuming is flawless
> too (similar to 2.)
>
> I'm running kernel-3.6.7-1.fc18.x86_64. First I thought it's a problem
> of this kernel, but I have the same problem with
> kernel-3.6.6-9.fc18.x86_64.
>
> My Video Card: Radeon HD 5450
>
> Anybody has similar problems?

I believe hibernate (suspend to disk) tends to be more problematic
than suspend to RAM so it could well be the problem isn't hybrid
suspend so I would make sure that works fine on its own.

Peter