Re: Problems with locales in F18

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 19:18 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:

> > You must be exporting it somewhere check .bash_profile etc for
> > "en.UTF-8" ( which probably is supposed to be "en_US.utf8" )
>
> No, not in my homedir. But found in /etc/locale.conf and in
> /etc/sysconfig/i18

It sounds like you installed with an older version of anaconda. This was
a known bug for a brief time. Just find any config file where this is
specified, and change it to en_US.UTF-8. Or en_US.utf8. It's remarkably
difficult to find information on why these two variant forms exist and
which one is 'more correct', but the best I've been able to figure out
is that both are valid and it should be acceptable to use either.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey