Re: Fedora and ext4 corruption bug?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
<caf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps you have read reports on phoronix.com about
> a pair of bugs in recent stable kernels that corrupt
> ext4 file systems.
>
> Do Fedora kernels have either of these bugs?
> If so what are the prospects for fixing them?
>
> Are there any protective measures available
> short of using a different type of file system?
>
> Meanwhile, a 64 bit netinst TC7 has been running
> normally on my omen.com server since I decrypted
> the new firewall about a day ago.

Fedora kernels did have the suspect kernels but you had to mount the
filesystems with a set of non standard mount options to actually have
the corruption. All users using ext4 filesystems in a sane way on
Fedora would never have hit these issues. It ended up being a some
what storm in a tea cup.

Peter