Re: F18 Beta Smoke 12 Available

On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 00:14 +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> On 10/26/2012 07:49 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> > I've built a new smoke test image with:
> >  - btrfs-progs-0.20.rc1.20121017git91d9eec-1.fc18
> >  - firstboot-18.4-1.fc18
> >  - lorax-18.21-1.fc18.x86_64.rpm
> >  - pykickstart-1.99.21-1.fc18
> >  - python-meh-0.18-1.fc18
> >
> > http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/qa/18/20121025_f18b-smoke12/
> >
> > I've done a few quick installs with it and it seems to work for
> > autopart gnome installs.
> >
> > Anyhow, more testing and appropriate karma for the included builds
> > would be much appreciated.
>
> Selecting an installation source is somewhat difficult. Since it defaults
> to "closest mirror" it cannot work until the network is properly configured
> however once I did that it didn't try again to download the metadata. So I
> went in there, made sure that "closest mirror" is selected and clicked
> "done". Nothing.
> So I went in again selected "http" and then "closest mirror" again followed
> by "done". Nothing.
> Then I tried "http" => done and when I go back in "closest mirror" is set
> again.
> Finally I went all the way and set "http" with an actual (bogus) ip address
> and clicked done. Now I got an error (which was expected). After now going
> back in and selecting "closest mirror" again Anaconda finally could be
> convinced to try and download the meta data again which this time succeeded.

Network configuration has been so fragile up till now I'm not sure we've
actually done much testing on setups where the network actually *needs*
configuring. So it sounds plausible that anaconda just isn't smart
enough to notice when the network goes up and re-do the metadata stuff
yet. Could you file a bug on this and nominate it as NTH (mark it as
blocking F18Beta-accepted) , or if you don't have the power to do that,
post the URL here so someone else can do it? Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey