Re: F18 Beta Smoke 12 Available

On 10/26/2012 07:49 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> I've built a new smoke test image with:
>  - btrfs-progs-0.20.rc1.20121017git91d9eec-1.fc18
>  - firstboot-18.4-1.fc18
>  - lorax-18.21-1.fc18.x86_64.rpm
>  - pykickstart-1.99.21-1.fc18
>  - python-meh-0.18-1.fc18
>
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/qa/18/20121025_f18b-smoke12/
>
> I've done a few quick installs with it and it seems to work for
> autopart gnome installs.
>
> Anyhow, more testing and appropriate karma for the included builds
> would be much appreciated.

Selecting an installation source is somewhat difficult. Since it defaults
to "closest mirror" it cannot work until the network is properly configured
however once I did that it didn't try again to download the metadata. So I
went in there, made sure that "closest mirror" is selected and clicked
"done". Nothing.
So I went in again selected "http" and then "closest mirror" again followed
by "done". Nothing.
Then I tried "http" => done and when I go back in "closest mirror" is set
again.
Finally I went all the way and set "http" with an actual (bogus) ip address
and clicked done. Now I got an error (which was expected). After now going
back in and selecting "closest mirror" again Anaconda finally could be
convinced to try and download the meta data again which this time succeeded.

Regards,
  Dennis