Re: lethal adventures in f18 alpha

On 2012-09-15 8:20, cornel panceac wrote:
Thanks, but you still didn't say what options you chose during the run
of anaconda.

that's probably because i don't understand what options are you
referring to: software to install? location?  probably the last thing
i've choosed was whch of those two hard disks to use as an install
target. i did not see anywhere an option about what kind of
partitioning i should choose .... maybe it was there and i did not see
it?

If you just picked a disk and continued, then yup, as the bug report states, anaconda will reformat the entire disk.

The way into custom partitioning, for Alpha, is to click 'let me review and modify the partitions anyway' (well, roughly, I forget the exact wording). That takes you into the custom partitioning interface. If you didn't enter that, then anaconda's behaviour would be to reformat all disks you selected. Again, this will change for Beta/Final.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey