Re: F18 Alpha action needed: karma for blocker-fixing updates and votes on proposed blocker/NTH bugs

On 2012-09-08 5:09, John Reiser wrote:
... as things stand, we're one bug away from an RC compose.

Please give an explicit list of the literal package names which would
go into the RC compose, at least the ones that are not in fedora +
fedora-updates.

About 8 hours ago pungi aborted when I tried to compose a DVD from fedora +
fedora-updates + fedora-updates-testing (all using Fedora 18),
complaining that grub/splash* did not exist.

TC/RC composes do not use updates-testing - that would negate the whole point of the release freeze.

Pungi succeeded with fedora + fedora-updates + anaconda-18.6.6-1 [4 packages],
but the full DVD.iso fails to boot.  Dracut aborts with "/dev/root
does not exist".
The netinst.iso gets the same dracut abort.

That's the correct package set, more or less. I don't know what problem you're hitting, but tflink, clumens or dgilmore may be able to advise (they've all done DVD/netinst composes with the F18 package set).

Packages that we pull into composes to fix blocker/NTH bugs go to this repo until they are pushed stable:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/bleed/

So if you add that repo - use 'fedora' plus that repo, you don't really need to use 'updates' as it is never populated for pre-releases - you should get something pretty close to TC6.

Updates that will likely be pulled for TC7/RC1 but which aren't yet stable are:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13611/anaconda-18.6.6-1.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/PackageKit-0.8.3-2.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13592/osmo-0.2.12-0.2.svn924.fc18

you may also want to make sure you use the latest lorax and pungi in the build environment:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13600/lorax-18.18-1.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-13063/pungi-2.12-1.fc18

Hope that helps, good luck...
--