Re: [criteria update] Update of uncategorized package groups criterion

On 2012-09-06 6:54, Kamil Paral wrote:
Hi,

we should amend the beta criterion:

'At the package installation stage, the install should show no
uncategorized package groups'

There should be something like 'Software selection spoke' instead of
'package installation stage', also I'm not sure if 'uncategorized
package groups' makes sense. I would propose to change it to:

'At the software selection spoke, there mustn't be any uncategorized
package groups'

Another option is to remove this criterion. The software selection is
changed in new ui and I'm not sure if this criterion is still
applicable.

First of all, I don't like the word 'spoke'. I know anaconda
developers use it internally, but people from outside won't have any
idea what it means. We need a better term.

Secondly, it seems this criterion is no longer needed at all. In old
Anaconda there used to be categories of software and this was to make
sure every software is categorized (not in some kind of Other
category). Now we have some add-ons, but without categories. So I
don't think this criterion really applies anymore.

Of course we can consider whether we need to add a new one, something
similar but not the same (I don't see anything like it at the moment).
But this one should be deleted in any case, in my opinion.

That sounds fairly reasonable to me. I guess we need to consider what could 'break' about the list of groups displayed on the software selection screen in newUI.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey