Re: F18 Alpha Pre-TC6 ISO Ready for Testing

On 2012-09-04 18:35, Ankur Sinha wrote:
On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 17:58 -0600, Tim Flink wrote:
I built DVD and netinstall isos with package sets similar to what will
likely be in TC6 so that we can test and provide some karma for the
builds involved.

The isos are available at:
http://imagebuilder.fedoraproject.org/testimage/18/pretc6/

Hi Tim,

I just successfully installed using the netiso.

I couldn't get the "use network time" to work. Either in anaconda, or
later in system-config-date. ntp issue? Since I couldn't toggle the
"network time" switch to ON, ntp wasn't installed. I installed it
manually using yum. Still didn't work. (Screenshot[1]). Also, in the
gnome shell, under "time and date" settings, I couldn't get it to
"unlock". Are these things worth filing bugs for (or should I wait a bit
currently)?

During installation, one of the images seems to be missing. I get a
"blank image" image instead. I think this was during the package install
phase.

Since it installed correctly, should I go ahead and give anaconda + yum
karma, or are there some specific issues I need to first test?

as long as it's broadly working and you don't see any major regressions vs. previous builds, go ahead and give karma. we really need to get some builds pushed stable at this point.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey