Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 3 (TC3) Available Now!

On 2012-08-17 8:17, Scott Poore wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl G" <carlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:58:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha Test Compose 3 (TC3) Available Now!

Am I missing something (coffee maybe?) or the installer doesn't ask
to enter a pswd for root & to create a user account? Or is it part
of the "Initial Experience" feature? If it matter I selected the
base install since it's still impossible to pick the GNOME desktop
during install due to dep issues.

That's ok. I was missing coffee too. Then I got more. It didn't help.

I see the same thing.  I believe you're right.  It looks like
firstboot does not work because it requires X which we don't have from
a "base" install?

I had to boot to single user mode to reset the root password so I
could log in.

Yes, you're both right. Apparently this is still undergoing discussions in the anaconda team: the current design relies on you doing an install and then creating an 'admin' user with firstboot, a plan which certainly has holes, like this one (there is no firstboot on a non-graphical install). I'll file a bug and mark it an Alpha blocker so this doesn't drop off radar for Alpha (non-graphical installs are expected to work at Alpha).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey