Re: The upcoming Gnome 3.6 won´t make it to F18 :-/

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 00:04 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Due to release schedules, it seems obvious to me that F18 will not
> include the upcoming Gnome 3.6 which will go into beta in a week, but
> will be released by late September.
>
> One of the much anticipated features in Gnome 3.6 is Skydrive support
> in addition to Google Docs files.
>
> So the $1M question is... how difficult is it to create RPMs of Gnome
> 3.6 beta to run atop F18 (when released).
> Is there a "fire-and-forget" build script that an end user (not dev)
> like me can use?
>
> Or is there any Fedora dev routinely offering beta-level Gnome
> packages for Fedora?
>
> Just curious... ;) I guess I can´t wait for 2013 to run F19 with Gnome
> 3.6 ;)

In addition to what Robyn and Bruno have said, I've also chatted about
this with Matthias, and we've considered various options. One
possibility to keep in mind is that the F18 schedule slips; we obviously
don't actually _want_ this, but equally it's true that it always has
before =)  So what precisely winds up in Final can't be determined for
sure yet, but broadly - as Robyn suggested - the plan is to ship the
latest pre-release we can manage for Final, and upgrade to the final
version as soon as possible after release.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey