Re: Release criterion proposal: live image persistence

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 17:14:05 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thoughts? We could theoretically require only the whole-system overlay
to work, not the separate /home overlay, but the separate /home overlay
possibility exists for a good reason - the whole-system overlay is very
easy to exhaust, so if you're going to try and use a persistent stick
for long-term use, it's much better to also/only have a separate /home
overlay, which is implemented in a way that's much less prone to space
exhaustion. Thanks!

You can also rebuild the OS and OS overlay without overwriting the home file system, which allows you to update without wasting space or if you want you kernel updated.

I think Brian was going to try to have livemedia-creator as the primary live system for F18. It might be good to hear from him before commiting to something.